Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog (a PBGV ) 3 years old, is not drinking nor eating.

Customer Question

My dog (a PBGV bitch) 3 years old, is not drinking nor eating.
She is restless, and in obvious discomfort, her nose is hot, and suddenly she starts yelping and walking around with her tail in the air.
I took her for a walk and she was able to defecate and urinate. She does not cry when performing these functions.
She is on thyroid pills and hypoallergenic food.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Is she limping? 3- What was she doing when this started? 4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?