Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My toy pom is running up and down the house shaking his head.

Customer Question

my toy pom is running up and down the house shaking his head. I looked in his one ear and it was full of black wax. I have taken about 8 cotton buds worth of wax out, but he is still unsettled and shaking his poor head. is there anything i can do until vets open tomorrow
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Does the wax have bad odor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there anything we can do
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, it sounds like he has an ear infection. Until he is seen by your family veterinarian what you can do:
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
1- Mix in a cup 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 warm water. 2- Use the above mixture to clean all discharge out with cotton. Feel free to pour some of the mixture in the ear canal. Then, clean it all out with cotton balls. Do this 2 times a day. 3- Follow up with family veterinarian for topical medication. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks white vinegar or malt vinegar
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
White vinegar.
You're welcome.