nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a daft question we were out today my two dogs

Customer Question

I have a daft question we were out for walk today my two dogs running in a potato field I noticed the leaves were brown most of the potatoes leaves had be cut of leaving just the stalks, I know the leaves are sprayed with salfuric acid my dogs are fine not been sick
Just a bit concerned
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long ago were they out in this field?
Do you think they had just been sprayed? Where they wet or smelt of chemicals?
Any signs of GI upset or skin irritation on their paws, legs, or bellies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was about an hour ago did not Smell anything there was very little leaves on the potatoes just stalks not been sick paws, legs look ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They were chasing a deer
Expert:  nekovet replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,I am glad to hear that you are not seeing any issues with either of your dogs and didn't appreciate any hints of a recent spray. In this case, this will be a very low risk situation. If anything we could see mild irritation of the paw pads or skin where they were in contact with the field or plants. Therefore, if we have any doubt, then we can just rinse their legs and feet with cool water and we'd not expect any issue otherwise. It would only be risky if you had been there after they had just sprayed of if the dogs were eating raw potato. I hope this information is helpful.If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!All the best, ***** -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  nekovet replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome,
All the best and have a great day,
Dr. B.