Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog was poisoned been treated by my vet,he was on a drip

Customer Question

my dog was poisoned been treated by my vet,he was on a drip fo 4 days is now on antibiotics abs statins,it has affected his brain and his hearing is there anything I can do to try and stimulate his brain he doesnot know me and he is a 2year old sheepdog
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you tell me with what Ken was poisoned? To answer you directly, there are no drugs or supplements that can reliably "stimulate" Ken's brain and improve his cognition. We rely on his natural healing ability once the offending toxin, infection, or other disorder has been corrected. Nerve tissue is notoriously slow to heal and so good husbandry and patience is necessary.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
I can't set a follow up in this venue and so would appreciate your returning to our conversation with an update at your convenience.