How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 28545
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

My dog was poisoned been treated by my vet,he was on a drip

Customer Question

my dog was poisoned been treated by my vet,he was on a drip fo 4 days is now on antibiotics abs statins,it has affected his brain and his hearing is there anything I can do to try and stimulate his brain he doesnot know me and he is a 2year old sheepdog
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you tell me with what Ken was poisoned? To answer you directly, there are no drugs or supplements that can reliably "stimulate" Ken's brain and improve his cognition. We rely on his natural healing ability once the offending toxin, infection, or other disorder has been corrected. Nerve tissue is notoriously slow to heal and so good husbandry and patience is necessary.
Dr. Michael Salkin and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
I can't set a follow up in this venue and so would appreciate your returning to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Related Dog Questions