Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

We have an very old dog that seams to be suffering with his

Customer Question

We have an very old dog that seams to be suffering with his joints he is too old and does not Tavel in a car. Vets around here only seam to want to come out if they put him down. We just want to get something that will ease his stiffness what can be purchased that does not need a percription?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Charlie. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. If he is eating, and not vomiting, you can try aspirin: 1 low dose aspirin per 15 to 20 pounds of body weight, every 12 to 24 hours. Give it with food, and stop if there is any vomiting. An herbal product DGP, "Doggone Pain" helps many arthritic dogs. You can find it online or in pet stores.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Supplements like fish oil, and anti oxidant vitamins may also help.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the great rating. Let me know how he is doing.
Rebecca