Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a five month old Norfolk terrier, he has had all his

Customer Question

I have a five month old Norfolk terrier, he has had all his shots and a booster. I am feeding him royal Canin mini puppy food. A week ago he had a short bout of diarrhea but seemed well the next day, however since then his bowel movements are soft and yellowish and towards the end become more fluid, also his breath smell really evil. I have over the past couple of weeks tried to increase his food in take in line with Royal canin reccomedation and originally thought this might be the cause but after a week I am becoming worried.
Can you give me any advice.
J Wale
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Digby. I am Rebecca, a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. Have you had a stool sample checked microscopically for parasites? That would be the first thing to check for in a puppy with soft stool. Most parasites are microscopic in sizes, so even if you do not see worms in the stool, there can be parasites. You could try adding a probiotic for the soft stool, like Fortiflora or Proviable. The first thing I would check for bad breath is loose teeth. At 5 months, he is losing his baby teeth and getting his adult teeth, and some owners notice bad breath at this time. Let me know what other questions I can help with or answer. Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the positive rating. How is he doing?
Rebecca