Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a staff who has been to vets ears given

Customer Question

I have a staff bitch who has been to vets for her ears given treatment it went for couple of day then came back worse swollen red scaby and keeps shaking her head and scratching
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It isn't clear to me what type of treatment was given to your Staffie. Was it a "one time" treatment expected to last for a week or a treatment followed by medication you were to instill in her ears at home? What kind of ear problem was diagnosed - allergically mediated (reactive ears) or a primary infection. If a primary infection was it bacterial, yeast, or both? Are her ear canals normal but her pinnae (ear flaps) the problem? If so what was diagnosed - a mange (Sarcoptes), bacterial infection, autoimmune disorders?
I'm sorry to be so nosy but I need to know much more before I can be more accurate for you. I know that you didn't come to the site to be told that she needs to see her vet again but that appears to be the case at this time.