Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Can I GET a tablet to put my dog to sleep while I get his hair

Can I GET a tablet to put my dog to sleep while I get his hair cut
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. Friend, you will need to speak to your family veterinarian about dispensing a tranquilizer called Acepromazine. You give the medication 1-2 hours prior to getting his hair cut and this will sedate him. This medication is only available through a licensed veterinarian. There is nothing over the counter that is strong enough to cause him to become sedated to get his hair cut. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!