Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

I am having my dog casterated and I saw a dog have plastic

I am having my dog casterated and I saw a dog have plastic replacements is this possible in the uk
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Here is a great link on the implants that are available to place into the scrotum after a castration is performed on a dog by removal of the testicles. http://www.neuticles.com Is this available in the UK? It can be available where ever a veterinarian has a client that is interested in it. The product itself can be mailed to the veterinarian to implant at the time of the procedure. This is something that the veterinarian needs to feel comfortable with doing. It isn't that difficult of a procedure to do at all. If you want this done, you should contact your vet to see what their interest and comfort level with pursuing this is. There aren't any specific practices that specialize in this from an advertised aspect. It is something that can be offered, more than likely, if an owner is interested in it.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.
The site itself actually has videos on it to provide visual help to assist any veterinarian that wants to perform the procedure.http://www.neuticles.com/videos.php
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.
While looking at more of the site, it does have a number to call for help outside of the US to find clinics or hospitals in your area that are actively participating in this procedure at this time. Here is that number(###) ###-####