Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My pug is limping

Customer Question

My pug is limping
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb. I recently came online and see that your question about your dog hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind: 1. How long has he been limping?2. How old is he?3. Is he currently taking any medications? If so, can you name them?4. How much does he weigh? Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.Thanks for your patience. Deb
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.I recently came online and see that your question about Mia hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can. It certainly sounds as if Mia may have ingested your medication. Signs could be seen for a dog this size at about 60 mgs so if she ingested 150 mg, she would show symptoms. The most commonly seen signs include: balance issues (she's acting like a drunk sailor), weakness, tachycardia (increased heart rate), agitation (or just the opposite, lethargy), vomiting, diarrhea, panting, hypotension, and/or tremors....and can last 24-36 hours. If she's only experiencing balance issues and no other symptoms, then you can continue to monitor her; she should be fine after another day or so. However, if other signs should develop, then a vet visit may be prudent. I hope this helps although again, my profuse apologies for the delayed response, under the circumstances. Deb