Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My boarder terrier had a episode last night he could not settle,

my boarder terrier had a episode last night he could not settle, he was jumping onto the chairs, trying to get as high as possible. Trying to get onto shelves on top of chest of draws. this lasted for about 2 hours then he started to settle.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue. How is your dog doing now? What was your dog doing before this episode? Was your dog responsive to you during this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He seems to be fine now, but to answer your question No he was not responsive he just wanted to get as high off the ground as possible. It was as if he could sense or smell something and needed to find it. I even tried to hold him but he was not very happy with that and was struggling to get free so he could carry on.

I know this sounds weird, but it is possible that there was a seizure-like episode here. It can cause this type of anxiety and abnormal behavior after an episode, and then they are normal in 12 hours. I would write this episode down on the calendar and if it happens again, anything at all like that, I would see your veterinarian for blood work. This is the age where a lot of epilepsy starts to show up. I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience: ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005