Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 11 month old Eurasier has just got hold of wind-eze capsules

My 11 month old Eurasier has just got hold of wind-eze capsules and I am missing 10 of them, presume ably she has eaten them. Do I need to take her to a vet for this ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.The active ingredient, simethicone, is not considered to be very toxic. Let me do some research on how many mg of simethicone she got and if it is a concern. How much does she weigh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think she I about 19kg
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I did my research, and simethicone is not absorbed from the GI tract, so there should be no systemic effects. You may see some vomiting and diarrhea. There is also peppermint in the Wind Eze, let me check about that.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
In very large amounts, like a dog ingesting a large amount of pure peppermint oil, there could be problems, but she should be OK from the little bit in these tablets.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Mainly vomiting and diarrhea again would be seen.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how she is doing and if I can answer anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I ment to say I don't need to get her checked out do I .
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so, just monitor her appetite and watch for any diarrhea or vomiting.Let me know what else I can help with. Kindly consider rating my answer, you can still get back to me with questions and updates after rating.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
If you are worried, always vet to check with a veterinarian who knows her. From the research I did, she should be OK and if she were mine I would just monitor her for now.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the great rating. Let me know how she is doing. Rebecca