Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

My dog is shaking and want let me pick her up.she is hiding

My dog is shaking and want let me pick her up.she is hiding under a chair.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your little one. Can I ask some questions to better understand what you're seeing?1) What breed is she?2) How old?3) What is her name?4) How long has the shaking been going on?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Please don't rate the answer yet. The system is set up to request that and at this point, I have given no answer as I don't have as much history as I can get. Can you answer those questions I asked. This is meant to be a back and forth process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Terrier cross.three to four years.ROSEY. I left her in her crate with food and water and dry bedding as I always do.When I got back she would not let me pick her up.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering those questions. I'm sorry again for how the system is persistent in asking for a rating. I want to help as much as I can before this is done. How long have you been back? Since being back, has she shown any interest in eating or drinking? Has anything been placed on her as far as any products?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fostering her.She has a background of abuce.Shoud I take her to my vet.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad that you're helping Rosey out in this manner! I'm glad that she's out of the situation where she wasn't being cared for as she should. How long have you been fostering her? Have you seen her walk? Is she able to walk normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nine weeks.She ran round the garden and had a wee but went back in the house behind the sofa.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
That is great that she was able to run around the garden and then urinate normally. Did she limp at all or seem weak? Did she strain when urinating? Has she ate or drank since this started? Does she seem to be breathing normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she did not limp.No she did not strain.she ate some meat.She is rasping a bit with her tonge out.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
That is good that she didn't have any limping when she went out. Also good that she didn't strain when urinating. Very good that she ate too since this started up. By rasping, is she coughing? Has she had any vomiting that you can tell?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.no.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Good that she's not coughing and also not had any vomiting. Overall, it seems that this situation with her doesn't seem to be a critical one. The more concerning signs that would get my interest more perked at this time with her is if she was limping, not walking well, straining to urinate, vomiting, weak, breathing hard, not eating, overtly painful, or having seizures. Why is she shaking and hiding? There is a good possibility that she's doing this as she may be a bit uncomfortable. IT could also be due to an environmental issue that has "scared" her. Could there be some sound or smell around that has spooked her and caused her to act liked this? As long as she's not doing any of the above issues, it would seem plausible to give her the next 12 to 24 hours to see how that helps her. My hopes seem high that with some time, you being home, and things hopefully getting past what may have upset her - she'll be back to her normal self.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience: Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating and the generous bonus. I'm going to be on here for the next couple hours and if anything changes, you can definitely get back on and let me know. I'm hoping for the best for this little one!