Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Vomiting water,sometimes yellow liquid and food ,usually twice

Vomiting water,sometimes yellow liquid and food ,usually twice a week.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Did you change his diet because he is losing weight? 3- Prior to changing his diet was he eating all of his food? 4- Is he drinking more than usual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3month
Yes
Yes
No
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
1- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he gets anxious/excited his rear legs go ,after lying quietly for a few minutes he gets up and all ok.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, when we see chronic intermittent vomiting as you describe in Brandy this can be caused by problems occurring within the gastrointestinal tract or secondary to systemic disease. The fact that he has been losing weight I am inclined to believe this could be related to a systemic disease. In other words, Brandy may have an underlying medical condition that is causing both the vomiting and weight loss. This can be caused by many different conditions that affect dogs. Common causes are: Kidney or liver disease, tumors, absorption disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, etc. to name a few causes. To determine the exact underlying cause Brandy will need a hands on examination by a veterinarian, blood work, urinalysis and +/- xrays. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. In the meantime, you can start him on Zantac (ranitidine) 75mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours. You can buy Zantac over the counter in any pharmacy (chemist). Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter