Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My daughter has a Chihuahua and he is really off colour, normally

Customer Question

My daughter has a Chihuahua and he is really off colour, normally into everything and lives to play with my dog. Noticed he was quiet but thought he was showing off. I looked after him last night, although he ate some chicken in evening, he has been the same during night I took him outside a couple of times, but not interested which is not like him at all. I took him home this morning and seems to keep opening his mouth and licking his mouth, looks very unresponsive. Please can you help, will be taking him to vet tomorrow, but just need to know what else we can do
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has not been sick or had diarrhoea, just really poorly. How much longer am I going to have to wait. He is going to vet tomorrow, so I don't need to ask any other questions, just really worried.
Please destroy my bank details after I get my answer, as I am a pensioner and cannot afford any other fees.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Valerie and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I ma so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question. Since Chino is lethargic and licking his lips with no other obvious signs, I believe that he may have ingested something odd that is causing him a mild digestive disturbance. When they feel nauseous, they will open their mouth and lick. For now, give him Pepcid AC or Famotidine that you can purchase at the chemist and give this to him at 0.5 mg per pound of Chino's weight every 8 hrs until you can get him to your vet in the morning. IF this is due to a digestive issue, he may feel better by morning. Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Chino feels better soon!
Have a great day!