Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog keeps lifting both front paws off the ground every

Customer Question

my dog keeps lifting both front paws off the ground every second one after the other,now she is limping
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.These symptoms are neurologic in nature and it may be that your girl has an unstable disc in her neck or arthritis that is blocking some of the nerve supply causing this odd behavior and lameness. You did not say how old your girl is but it is worth giving aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation that may be blocking the nerve supply. Have your vet examine your girl to know for sure and if this treatment is appropriate. Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****