Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

My puppies penis is stuck out erect and will not go back

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. How long has his penis been stuck out? What breed is he?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 3 hours, and labradoodle
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. This is a situation that is serious. When the penisbis stuck out, it is called paraphimosis. It can be due to hair around the base of the penis or due to engorgement and a small sheath opening. Once it is stuck out, it can be very challenging to get back in. It can be very painful too. I have to recommend getting him to your vet so they can get it back in. This typically is done with a little sedation and cold compresses on the penis with ample lubrucation. Some owners can try to get it back in at home, but not many can. The longer it is out, the more discomfort he has and possible more irritation or damage to the tissues.