nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

How long do you stop dosage to be safe swab in greyh

Customer Question

how long do you stop dosage to be safe for a swab in greyhounds
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not help you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Are you referring to the use of steroids (since you didn't list a drug to be stopped)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not steroids dexadresan how long to before it shows in a swab
Expert:  nekovet replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
Actually, Dexadresan is a type of steroid that tends to last 24-48 hours. Therefore, we'd want to wait at least 48 hours before swabbing but could add another 24 hours to just make sure it is completely our of your dog's system.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )