Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

A g was injected wityh FeLV vaccine . what complications can

Customer Question

A g was injected wityh FeLV vaccine . what complications can develop?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Part of your question looks like it may have been cut off; are you asking if there is a problem if a dog gets the vaccine for FeLV? Unfortunately, it does sometimes happen that dogs get cat vaccinations, and the other way around. I have not seen or heard of complications from a single wrong vaccination. I did a search on Veterinary Information Network and did not find any adverse reactions reported from this happening. How long ago did he get it? How is he doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was injected 4 days ago-the FeLV was used to reconstitute DHP. The dog is doing fine with no adverse reaction to date
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I would not expect any adverse affects, after 4 days.
Thank you for the great rating. Let me know how he is doing. Rebecca