Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 5 year old Labradoodle has a blister type thing near

Customer Question

Hi, my 5 year old Labradoodle has a blister type thing near one of his elbows. The blister contains some sort of fluid and it doesn't seem to be bothering him but it hasn't gone away and it's been there for months. What could it be?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Is this area actually on the elbow? CLICK HERE for photos of what a hygroma or growth on the elbow can look like
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am online another 20 minutes this evening. My primary rule out would be a hygroma which is very common in this area due to pressure when laying down on harder surfaces in a large breed dog. CLICK HERE for more information on this condition. If this is a hygroma then the links I attached will give you suggestions in minimizing progression or aggravation. If it is not on the elbow directly then it is more difficult to hone in on the origin. These can otherwise be related to a follicular plug, a cyst of unrelated origin. or idiopathic or unknown in origin. If it is a hygroma they can be challenging to treat but with softer surfaces and sometimes using the dogleggs I listed as the first attachment they can subside. I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you this evening before I exit... If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlierPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!