nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My female bichon also has warts. We had about eight removed

Customer Question

Hi, my female bichon also has warts. We had about eight removed last year she is getting a few more she seems to chew and lick the ones that she can reach. Is neosporin safe to put on them if she licks and chews? Thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
In regards ***** ***** question, you can salt water bathe these to keep infection away if she is chewing/licking them. And that can be done a few times daily Otherwise, you can apply Neosporin but we need to block her access to them until it has been absorbed/dried (since it will do no good otherwise and isn't ideal for them to ingest regularly). Therefore, you may want to apply this when she will be distracted (ie before meals or a walk). Or you may need to have her wear an e-collar or baby tshirt until the Neosporin has absorbed.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )