nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My chiuhuahua stomach is making noises

my chiuhuahua stomach is making noises
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long has he been showing signs?
Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?
Is he drinking? Can he keep any water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Any diarrhea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has it reguler he was sick 2 days ago seams ok inhisself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gums not pink but not red
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
As long as the gums are not pale or white, that is fine. :)
Now based on Niko's signs, this does sound like he has lingering nausea and GI upset causing the gurgling sounds you are hearing. And at his age, we do need to be aware that this could be a sign of a bacterial or viral gastroenteritis, pancreatitis, due to a dietary indiscretion or possible harmful ingestion (hopefully not the case for him).
In any case, we'd want to use some supportive care to see if we can get his stomach settled. To do so, we can start Niko on an antacid. Ones we can use here include Famotidine (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) from his vet or OTC Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac) or Milk of Magnesia (0.25tsp every 8 hours). Whichever you use, we'd give this 20 minutes before food to allow absorption and of course double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any known health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned.
Once that is on board and his stomach is more settled, then we'd want to start a light diet for him. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled.
Overall, the gut noises are likely increased contraction of the stomach and intestines due to underlying nausea and GI upset. Therefore, if he is ok in himself, we can use the above to soothe this for him and get him feeling more like himself.
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )