Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog has a scab on top of her head which just wont heal.

Customer Question

My dog has a scab on top of her head which just wont heal. She's had it for awhile now & i've treated it with warm salt water & again a few times with a tea tree oitment. She's a border collie with longish hair & its difficult to see the wound, when its bleeding the scab looks black & in very small pieces, so i hope its a scab & nothing else!!
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long has it been present?
Does she rub the area at all (with her paws, on things, etc)?
Any swelling or changes around the scab?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.