Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog, a border terrier who is four and a half months

Hi, my dog, a border terrier who is four and a half months old became very quiet last night. He was in and out of the garden but not doing anything then he would climb onto the sofa and it was as if he was trying to get to places he wouldn't normally go to and he was shaking. New foods he had yesterday were turkey, a few treats and we also gave him a small deer horn, don't know if maybe dogs could be allergic to any of my these? This morning he seems much better but he is sleeping a lot and not shaking anymore. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nick
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.So happy to hear Mac is perhaps feeling better today. I would be suspicious he experienced some stomach upset from the new food items. I would recommend monitor closely for vomit/diarrhea today. Feed him no more new foods or treats. With the sleeping this could be recovery from being up so much all night or it could be he still does not feel good. All we can do is support him (regular food is okay or you can do a bland diet such as chicken and white rice) today.Indications to have him seen on emergency would be profuse vomiting/diarrhea. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.