Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My 10 year old terrier cross Frodo has been panting much of

My 10 year old terrier cross Frodo has been panting much of the time and occasionally shakingsince last night. We have had visitors over Christmas and he doesn't like stormy weather. I suspect it is stress but am concerned. He went for, and enjoyed, a walk this morning. He ate yesterday but hasn't this morning.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.These do sound like concerning problems, but unfortunately his symptoms are vague and could indicate one of several possible causes ranging from a painful issue (such as pain from a back/neck injury or stomach/abdomen) to nervousness from all the excitement to an internal problem such as an endocrine disease (such as Cushing's syndrome) to a primary heart/lung disease and the list continues.Because he is not having any vomiting or diarrhea, and I assume his gums are a normal pink color and he is drinking, you could monitor him today. Tempt him to eat with his favorite foods. And monitor. If he does develop vomit/diarrhea, more difficulty breathing then I recommend you have him seen on emergency.I regret I cannot be more specific for you, but I too would need to perform an examination followed by some lab testing to narrow down the cause of his signs. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.