nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 7 month old cavalier King Charles is in season. She came

My 7 month old cavalier King Charles is in season. She came in on New Year's Eve. All fine, bleeding a bit but nothing dramatic and cleaning herself well. Can you tell me when she will be out of danger from other male unneuted dogs. Most dogs here have been done, but one or two we know haven't. Just want to be sure. Thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
In regards ***** ***** question, our female dogs tend to be in season for ~3 weeks. Some individuals can show shorter or longer seasons (2-4 weeks) but most will be closer to three. Now in regards ***** ***** "danger zone," she can technically be mated at any point in those three weeks. So, while peak fertility is usually in the first 10-15 days post onset of the season (a time to really keep them away), we'd want to keep her out of the unneutered boys' reach for the whole season period to just be safe.
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )