Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc (DVM equivalent). Special interest in canine and feline medicine and surgery.
9138059

How often should you worm a dog

How often should you worm a dog
Category: Dog
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Thank you for your question regarding your McVities and how often to give her a deworming treatment. For adult dogs with no signs of an intestinal worm burden, you need to be giving a deworming treatment every 3 months. Dogs commonly get roundworm, hookworm and tapeworm, so you will need to use a reliable allwormer that kills all of these intestinal worms. The lifecycle of these worms is the reason for this 3 monthly deworming requirement. There are a number of excellent all-wormers you can use for this including Drontal, Milbemax and Pancur. All of these are available over the counter from your local vet clinic, and some - such as Milbemax - are flavoured tables, so very easy to give. I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!Kind Regards,Dr EPS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.