Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a two year old German Pointer who has recently started

Customer Question

I have a two year old German Pointer who has recently started peeing on the kitchen floor in the night. Last week we lost our old pointer who has always mothered him. Due to her age and medical complaints she had started to be slightly incontinant, if she wetted he would sometimes go into the kitchen and we as well but only during the night. Now she has gone he is now wetting every night. We have a dog flap in the door which he has always used during the day and night. I realise he is very stressed from loosing his companion but need to nip this problem in the bud. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is the urine he is passing a normal color, odor, and volume?
Any increased frequency to urinate on walks?
Any increase in this thirst?
Is he neutered?