Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Could there be a connection dog has itchy skin and diahorrea

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. If there are concurrent skin and gastrointestinal symptoms, food allergies should be seriously considered, especially if the itching skin is year round and not seasonal. It may help to talk to your vet about putting her on a hypoallergenic or novel protein/carbohydrate diet for 12 weeks to rule out food allergies. Even if they have been on the same diet for years, they can still develop an allergy to an ingredient at any time. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. If you feel like all you questions have been answered, please rate my service. Hope this helps.