nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can I use Advantage flea control at the same time as Advocate

Can I use Advantage flea control at the same time as Advocate Flea/Worm treatment?
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.
These products have overlap (with Advocate also treating for fleas), so we'd not want to use them together. Ideally, we'd want to wait at least 2 weeks after the first one was applied to apply any more. If you are having a flea issue despite Advocate, then we'd want to wait but could flea comb (dipping the fleas into dish soap to kill them) or could use a flea shampoo.
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used advantage on 8/1/16 for fleas but Lucy was diagnosed with a low count infestation of hookworm 2 days later, obviously I am more concerned with treating the worm problem, so should I still give a 2 week gap in between the treatments?
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Thank you for clarifying (your question made it sound like it was the other way). Now if she has been diagnosed with hookworms and you used the Advantage on the 8th, then today is actually 2 weeks later and therefore we could use that today. Otherwise, we could have the local vet dispense an oral wormer (ie Drontal) to address this for her.
All the best, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** work for hookworm as she is sick with drontal
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,
Panacur or Milbemax would be other options if Drontal doesn't agree with her stomach. :)
Take care,
Dr. B.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, thanks very much. 5 star raring, thanks again.
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.Take care & have a great day,Dr. B.