Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog had a big lump removed last year she never had stiffness

Customer Question

my dog had a big lump removed last year she never had stiffness before this operation she now gets very stiff first thing mornings
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Niah. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help. Where on her body was the lump removed? Was a biopsy done, do you know if the lump was benign or cancer? It is not unusual for a large dog to show signs of arthritis andd stiffness in the morning is a sign of arthritis. You could try some arthritis supplements like Doggone Pain, and herbal product found online and in pet stores, fish oil, and anti oxidant vitamins. You could also try anti inflammatory medication such as Carprofen, Meloxicam, even aspirin. If you tell me her weight I can give you a dose. Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions you have.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see my answer. Was this helpful? Do you have any more questions for me?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
How is Niah doing?