Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Would bonbon sweets be poisonous to dogs?

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you list the ingredients?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea they came from a sweet shop I will try to google
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly this... Maltodextrin, Stabiliser, Gum Arabic, Humectant, Emulsifier: Citric Acid, Dextrose( Emulsifier) Soya Lecithin. Colours: Anthocyanins, Allergens: Soya.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Missed off ... Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
No friend, this will not be toxic for a dog. But, because of the high sugar content if they eat a lot it can cause things like diarrhea, vomiting, pancreatitis, etc. for this reason it is best not to feed sweets to dogs. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you unfortunately being a Labrador these where stolen and not given thank you for your quick reply
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for listing the ingredients. You're welcome. :)