Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has been on a 10 day course of Oxycare , loose

My dog has been on a 10 day course of Oxycare for nausea, loose stools and changeable apetite. He has now been given Pred 5mg x 1 a day. Can he have the first steroid now, 9 hours after the last of the antibiotics or should I wait longer? Thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!He can definitely have the first steroid now as it will not interact with antibiotics. If the antibiotic is once daily then I tend to do the steroids about 12 hours later to minimize any possible gi upset from one or the other but there is no drug interaction to be concerned about with the twoPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope Luckie is feeling better soon! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very satisfied with Dr Altman's clear and quick response. I would recommend this service to others happily. Thanks