Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 6yr old dog has a swolllen vulva? With a reddish brown

Customer Question

My 6yr old bitch dog has a swolllen vulva? With a reddish brown discharge, she keeps licking it so obviously itchy?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Is Lulu spayed? How long has the reddish, brown discharge been present? Is it coming from inside the vulva?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she has been spayed. Dry discharge last couple of days vula very enlarged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voulva
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
In these situations, I always try to make sure on the being spayed. You had her spayed with your vet? The reason I focus on this is that after practicing as long as I have been, I've had a few cases where a dog that was supposed to be spayed wasn't. The owners got a dog that was "spayed" as they were told and she really wasn't. The reason I'm trying to make sure on all this is that if there is any chance of her not being spayed, then this could be a situation called a pyometra.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Any chance you can take a picture of what you're seeing and post it with the paper clip icon? Is she still eating and drinking well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is mot working I will take her to vet tomorrow, she is eating ok
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the way the venue is working. I'm glad to hear that she's eating ok. Honestly, getting into your vet tomorrow is absolutely the best thing. Being able to evaluate close up the area is most likely key here! I'm hoping things go well!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
No problem.