nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

There my dog has got a swollen bum hole excuse what I've

Customer Question

Hi there my dog has got a swollen bum hole excuse what I've put I'm not in good health so I can't take him to vets is it possible to have home visit plz he is labrador crossed whippet and he's too strong for me to manage he's had me over a few times thanku jane
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, Jane. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help. If he has a swollen rectum that is causing him discomfort, then it would be ideal to have him seen. Now this website is international, so we cannot provide home visits for dogs. Still, any local vet can do this for you and therefore I would advise you to check the RCVS database HERE to find your local vets and request a home visit from this. Though I would just note in the meantime, you can try to keep your lad comfortable by salt water bathing the area and then applying an OTC hydrocortisone cream to that inflamed rectum. Furthermore, we need to keep him from licking this, therefore you may want to use an e-collar (which the vet can bring or you can get from Pets At Home) to prevent him from causing this area any more harm or irritation.Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please make sure to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )