Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 7 month old yellow

Customer Question

I have a 7 month old yellow lab puppy who has just recently started to wake us up in the night. Up until a week ago he had always slept through til morning, at first when he was crated and since January where he has slept upstairs in our bedroom. The first instance was a week ago when he woke us up at 0430 and this has continued but getting progressively earlier until this morning when he woke us up at 0130. When he wakes us up we take him downstairs and let him go outside in the garden, he will have a little sniff around but then goes to the toilet comes back in the house and falls asleep again on either the sofa or rug. His daily routine has not changed and neither has his food so I'm wondering if this is just a phase or if I should take him to a vet?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. At this age, Simba should be able to go through the night without having to urinate. I would worry some that now he is having to get up in the night which could mean a Urinary Tract Infection. If Simba has not yet been neutered, then take him into your vet for a check up. It may be nothing but this sudden change in his routine could certainly mean that something is wrong. It is probably not serious but may require treatment. You would not notice this during the day is Simba has access to the outside or you take him out frequently.This may be nothing, as I have said but better to be safe since Sweet Simba is so young. Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Did you get my answer? Do you have any questions? I hope Simba will be ok....