Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I have 2 Morkies female sisters, their hair is very thin. Is

Customer Question

I have 2 Morkies female sisters, their hair is very thin. Is there a supplement or something for this problem?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!There are a few things you can do to help her skin and coat to be healthy- Fish oil with EPA & DHA daily 500-750 mg which will take 2-4 weeks for full effect- A high quality organic human grade ingredient diet with no by products- Regular oatmeal-based dog shampoo baths with ten minute contact time before rinsing then dry well. It might initially cause an increase in hair loss as the unhealthy hair is lost but then should grow in thicker and shiny as wellIf it continues it might be a medical condition causing the hair loss in one puppy but not the other so please consider a veterinary exam but often the above is enough to treat and replenish hair growthPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I will be away from my computer for a few moments to see an appointment but will return momentarily if I miss you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I used that amount of Fish Oil as they are only between 4 and 5 pounds?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
If they are that tiny then it would be best to use 500 mg EPA & DHA but would not combine it with the Coconut oil as this is a lot of fat with dogs this size and increases risk of pancreatitis Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am online another 20 minutes if I can be of any further assistance to you tonight. Good luck to all of you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I wanted to see if you have any additional questions I can assist with?If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!