nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is currently fed on royal canine sensitive a King charles

Customer Question

my dog is currently fed on royal canine sensitive a King charles spaniel. This is very expensive and has been recommended by vet for Gastroenteritis repercussion episodes. Is this necessary.
Many thanks John
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, John. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Now it does depend on Ringo's exact situation. Some dogs with GI sensitivities do only manage on a single diet and should be kept on that. In those cases, it is best to comparison shop for the food since online pharmacies and websites (which are bigger entities then our private practices and thus can cut prices more so) . Otherwise, it will be a case of trial and error to find a more cost effective alternative. If you did wish to try to find one, then it'd be ideal to trial a good quality hypoallergenic diet (ie Purina Proplan, Chappie - which is actually a very good gut sensitive option) or use a good quality feed with a similar ingredient list (ie James Well Beloved). If we slowly wean him over to the new diet and he appears to tolerate it well, then it would be an acceptable alternative to use. Of course, any relapse and we'd need to return tot he diet we know works for him, let him settle, and then true an alternative until we do find an acceptable new diet for him. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*I would be grateful if you could rate my answer one you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). If you have any lingering questions, please reply and let me know. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :) *