Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is there a morning after pill pigs please?

Is there a morning after pill for guinea pigs please?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with guinea pigs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. As far as I am aware there is not a safe misalliance { Morning after } drug for use in guinea pigs. 2. One possibility would be to have her spayed at once if you can find a vet experienced and comfortable with this procedure, or perhaps the best thing to do is to let her have the babies and then find them good homes. Sorry I cannot suggest anything else ...I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.