Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog daffy has vomited a small amount of undigested

My dog daffy has vomited a small amount of undigested food.He is sleeping now. I haven't changed his diet i gave him a bit of small rawhide and rice chew 6 hours ago and some dog low fat treats.
He is on omeprazole for over a month now for his chronic pancreatitis and his stool has been normal for a while.is it something to be worried. Also been to vet just a day ago who said there is no sign of discomfort in his abdomen
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Besides the vomiting any other symptoms? 2- Did you give the Maalox now because he vomited the food?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was a little listless.
2 yes
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, when we see vomiting of undigested food this is called regurgitation; sometimes this can happen if the food did not sit well with the patient. An isolated incident is nothing to worry about. If he continues to regurgitate then we need to consider medical disorders like: Esophagus disorders, gastritis, ingestion of a foreign body, etc. to name a few causes. I would recommend to keep an eye on him for the night. Remove the food for tonight. Do not give anymore maalox, better to just keep him on Omeprazole as indicated by family veterinarian. If he continues to regurgitate or becomes: Anorexic, lethargic, vomiting, etc. he will need to be seen by family vet for a hands on examination. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.