Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My pug should be 5 weeks pregnant it's not confirmed although

Customer Question

My pug should be 5 weeks pregnant it's not confirmed although she has the signs. But when she has a wee there is sometimes blood in it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Betty. Do you feel she's straining to urinate? Do you feel that she's urinating more frequently with small amounts? Is she still eating and drinking well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is urinating more frequently but apart from that she seems fine
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering those questions. If she's urinating more frequently and has had some blood in the urine, then a urinary tract infection would be very suspect here. With the possibility of a pregnancy here, the best plan to follow would be to get her to your vet so they can evaluate a urine sample to see if she truly has a urinary tract infection. They can also evaluate her to see if she is pregnant. Then based on the two, she can be treated the best to help her get over the UTI if she has one in a way that is safe for the puppies if she is pregnant. Could the blood be due to pregnancy issues? That is something that is a possibility but would seem low given she's seeming fine otherwise.