Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a 10 month old gsp cross and it looks like his

I have a 10 month old gsp cross and it looks like his testicles are twisted the right one is barely visible from behind and left one seems sticking out the back is this an issue do u think
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
It's not unusual for such positioning of the testicles. If Ruger suffered from testicular torsion instead you would see signifiant swelling of a testicle(s) and a very painful dog. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Theres is no swelling and hes not in any pain they dont look to postioned as they should just
I understand. That's not unusual and is considered normal anatomy. I'd be pleased to take a look if you could upload a close-upphoto(s) to our conversation. You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.
Thank you. There's no evidence of a partially descended testicle and so positioning should be considered to be protective; in other words, there's less of a chance of a testicle being traumatized during normal motion when they're in that position. Please continue our conversation if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.