Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My og keeps getting a skin infection on his hind leg joint

Customer Question

my og keeps getting a skin infection on his hind leg joint he is a 12 year old staffy and last time he had this infection the vet gave him noroclav 500 mg tablets ,he sleeps all day being old otherwise hes very fit and active for his age ,I cant afford the astronomical vet fees for every visit and wondered how I can get thease tablets without a vet visit ,
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm still waiting to find something out
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry you have not gotten help from an expert before now. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. The reason you probably did not get help sooner is because you can only get prescription medication from a veterinarian who has seen and examined Jake, and has a "client patient relationship"with you. It is illegal for someone like me to write a prescription for a pet I have not seen; I could lose my license, which is my livlihood. I am sorry, I know you want to help Jake. I hope you can find a lower cost veterinarian in your area, or a shelter that has a low cost clinic. Let me know if I can answer or help with any question about Jake. If not, you can have your deposit returned by contacting customer service.