Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has had diarrhoea this week but after being on chicken

My dog has had diarrhoea this week but after being on chicken and rice diet his stools now have more form but I have noticed some white 'things' in this photo that I took of his feaces. Do you think he may have some kind of worm infestation?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am happy to review a photo, you can use the paperclip on your screen to download one or I can give you step by step instructions. It is possible that some of the rice is not 100% digesting and it appears as abnormal out the other end but can review a photo to give you this information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
It is difficult to say at this point, they can be tapeworms with the appearance or simply grains of rice. Do you see anything around his rectal area that might be telling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't see anything around the rectal area. He had some blood with the diarrhoea - would worms cause that?
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
It absolutely can yesIt probably wouldn't be a bad idea to deworm as a precaution, fenbendazole or drontal should suffice but likely will require a veterinary prescription
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats great - I will do that to be safe. He's very well in himself - energy levels same, still hungry etc. I'll sorts some worming tablets out. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for helping ­čĹŹÔś║´ŞĆ
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome :)