How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31121
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

I am quite worried as I have just caught my Cocka-Poo with

Resolved Question:

Hello I am quite worried as I have just caught my Cocka-Poo with some milk chocolate fruit and nut. I think he has eaten around 50g. I have heard that chocolate is poisonous for dogs. What should I do? He's seems fine at the moment!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You neeedn't do anything. It would take an ounce of milk chocolate per pound of body weight for Buddy to be intoxicated by the theobromine in chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremors if ingested in sufficient amount. Buddy might suffer transient gastrointestinal distress evidenced as inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea from ingesting such an unusual food but he wasn't intoxicated.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a relief! Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

It's my pleasure. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.