nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog has injured s cruciate ligament he received a steroid

Customer Question

hi, my dog has injured his cruciate ligament he received a steroid joint injection. i have rested him for 4 days and have appt with his vet in 3 days time. problem i have is that he will not poo in garden. could i take him for 10 min walk couple of times a day for toilet purposes, or would this make matters worse. he is getting up on his own. many thanks for your help
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

As long as he is kept on the lead on flat ground, you can take him out for toileting. Its not that he absolutely has to be in your garden, only that we don't want him overdoing things. So, just walk him slowly and with control until he passes stool and then back to resting that leg. Otherwise, if you are worried about any constipation from stool holding, you can give him daily dose of OTC cat hairball remover or Lactulose to just keep things moving as we rest this leg.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

How is everything going with your wee one?

Dr. B.