nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Is it ok to give my Chihuahua Endectrid? She mated on the

Is it ok to give my Chihuahua Endectrid? She mated on the 22nd and the 24th and has come home with fleas!Please advise,Kind regards,Wayne
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, Endectrid hasn't been studied to determine if it is safe for pregnant animals. Therefore, to be safe, you would be better using Frontline Plus or Frontline spray if she is pregnant. Otherwise, flea combing (dipping the fleas into dish soap to kill them) along with treating your house would be the safest options until you purchase Frontline (from your vet, pet store or even grocery store chemist).

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please do rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )