Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog has diarrhea and sickness with blood in the sick and

Customer Question

my dog has diarrhea and sickness with blood in the sick and she is not eating her food today
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sorry Micah is experiencing this today. Not eating and bloody stool are key signs that you need to have her seen today by her veterinarian, especially if there is a lot of blood. Unfortunately her symptoms are nonspecific and could indicate one of many underlying causes ranging from ingestion of unusual item that is either not passing (obstructed in the digestive tract) or causing profound irritation as it does pass to hemorrhagic gastroenteritis syndrome to an endocrine problem (such as Addison's disease) to intestinal infection to cancer. I really wish I could narrow down this list for you, but that requires an examination followed by some testing that might include lab work (CBC, chemistry profile, urine check, stool check) and likely radiographs (X-rays).

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.