nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is 16yrs old and has gone deaf and has bitten a

Customer Question

hi my dog is 16yrs old and has gone deaf and has bitten a number of the family i have been told i must put him to sleep could you please tell me what the cost is to put my dog to sleep as im a pensioner and have been told it is over a £100
thanks ann
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  nekovet replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

If he is fearful and feeling vulnerable with his sense deterioration such that he is a risk to the family, then letting him go may be the kindest option. In regards ***** ***** question, euthanasia costs do vary by practice, city, and even dog size. Generally speaking, it can be between £100-200 for this to be done. That said, if you are a pensioner, you could consider contacting or visiting one of the RSPCA hospitals (HERE). They are subsidized and therefore tend to be less costly then private practices. As well, as this is a welfare issue for Charlie and yourselves, you could even speak to the local RSPCA officer about your situation and they may cover the cost for letting him go. Otherwise, if you are on any benefits, the PDSA (HERE) can also be of aid. They also have a number of hospitals but also offer a Pet Aid Scheme that can cover part of the cost for this. Finally, you can speak to your local private practices about a payment plan, as they surely don't want Charlie suffering nor yourself at risk.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )