Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My springer spaniel is having tremors/spasms. They look like

My springer spaniel is having tremors/spasms. They look like rhythmic muscle contractions and relaxations. He is largely asleep, although when I cal him, he wakes up partially and continues the tremors. When he fully awakes and gets up, the tremors stop. As soon as he settles to relax again they continue, and continue the whole time he is snoozing.
We went to the beach on Monday and stayed overnight camping. On the way back yesterday he was limping on his back left leg but not in obvious pain and nothing visibly wrong The tremors are more associated with his rear legs but are also occurring over other parts of his body.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Jenson. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has he had these tremors?

How old is he?

Is he eating and drinking normally? Any recent weight loss?

Knowing a little more about him will help me answer your questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They've only started occurring I believe since last night, although it's possible he has had them before, just not as obviously and not as continuously.He is 5 years old, no weight loss and seems to be eating and drinking fine. I have a few videos of what he is doing on my phone if that would help?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

If you can post a video here, or online and send me the link, that would be helpful.

If these came on suddenly, these could be a form of seizure. If I could, I would start with a thorough physical exam: checking reflexes, taking his blood pressure, looking at the backs of his eyes (retinas), feeling his pulse for irregular heart beats, palpate internal organs and lymph nodes, etc. along with watching your video. I might consider checking him for hypothyroidism, which can cause weakness in the back legs and tremors.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't seem to be allowing me to add the videos here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It lets me click to add the files, and then compresses the video, but doesn't then let me press the send button (it's faded out after I've added the videos).
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I just answer veterinary questions for the website, and do not know anything about how things like this work. If the video is too large, it may not load here. You can post it to an online site, and send me the link. You can contact the website moderators on the drop down menu for help with loading your video.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry you decided to give me a hurtful negative rating. I would have been happy to continue the conversation and answered questions until you got the information you needed.

My best wishes for you and Jenson.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: Veterinarian for more than 30 years
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the great rating! How is Jenson doing?